mold damage fmlogo2
Prolonged exposure to moldy environments may cause a variety of health problems.
In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found that:
There was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition.
The IOM also found limited or suggestive evidence linking indoor mold exposure and respiratory illness in otherwise healthy children.
Other recent studies have suggested a potential link of early mold exposure to development of asthma in some children, particularly among children who may be genetically susceptible to asthma development, and that selected interventions that improve [cleanliness / cleaning habits, and / or]  housing conditions can reduce morbidity from asthma and respiratory allergies, but more research is needed in this regard.
Otherwise mold is a bad thing, but the burning question is – how can you prevent it from growing on your plumbing and inside of your home? Here are some video tips from
ServiceMaster Restore ®

© 2017 F & M Plumbing All TRADEMARKS ™ ® and COPYRIGHTS © are the property of their respective owners, All Rights Reserved.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s